AT THE CORNER OF JUSTICE AND PEACE, DO WE SIT OR DO WE STAND? By Angela Williams There are very few tragedies as tragic than the loss of a child before their time. One can only imagine – the grief I feel as the mother of a 28-year old son cannot come close to […]
on July 18, 2013
on June 5, 2013
Gov. John Hickenlooper signed a bill today to provide compensation and other services for those who have been wrongly convicted. HB13-1230, sponsored by Reps. Angela Williams (D-Denver) and Dan Pabon (D-Denver), creates a state compensation program for people who are found factually innocent of felony crimes after serving time in jail, prison or juvenile placement. […]
on May 15, 2013
ISRAEL is the beneficiary of a new bill approved by the Colorado legislature that expands the state treasurer’s scope to invest in double-A rated Israeli bonds. Read the full story at Intermountain Jewish News.
on May 15, 2013
Our great state suffered a major setback last week when my colleagues on the Senate Business, Labor and Technology Committee decided to vote against 21st century Colorado in favor of 20th century business as usual. Read the rest of Representative Williams’ Guest Commentary at the Denver Post.
on April 30, 2013
This month has been the busiest yet here at the capitol, and with eight more days of this year’s session we are in for an even busier home stretch. Colorado ASSET Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending the bill signing for one of my bills that passed early on in the session, Colorado ASSET (SB13-033). […]
on April 19, 2013
HB13-1255 passed unanimously out of the House of Representatives today. This bill states that Internet Protocol (IP)-enabled services should not be subject to outdated rules stemming from the era of monopoly telephone companies. It clarifies that IP-enabled services do not fall under the jurisdiction of the Public Utility Commission (PUC) for setting prices, terms and conditions or […]
There are no upcoming events.
- Epworth Deed a Family Day, thank you for assisting Colorado families with Turkey day groceries. 11:27:52 AM November 23, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @cdewayneharris: Great piece by Chris Matthews on #Kennedy brothers. We are a better country & people for their service & sacrifice to … 07:15:06 PM November 22, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Jewish Colorado mobilizing the community in times of need. 08:00:17 PM November 21, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One of Colorado's first Pro Choice Champions the Honorable Richard Lamm. @NARALColorado #coleg http://t.co/YBa5hOlBGS 06:58:07 AM November 21, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Congratulations to Newsed Civil Rights Awardees. Honored to present @AguilarFor32 Irene her award. #copolitics 07:13:00 PM November 12, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite