ISRAEL is the beneficiary of a new bill approved by the Colorado legislature that expands the state treasurer’s scope to invest in double-A rated Israeli bonds. Read the full story at Intermountain Jewish News.
on May 15, 2013
Our great state suffered a major setback last week when my colleagues on the Senate Business, Labor and Technology Committee decided to vote against 21st century Colorado in favor of 20th century business as usual. Read the rest of Representative Williams’ Guest Commentary at the Denver Post.
on April 30, 2013
This month has been the busiest yet here at the capitol, and with eight more days of this year’s session we are in for an even busier home stretch. Colorado ASSET Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending the bill signing for one of my bills that passed early on in the session, Colorado ASSET (SB13-033). [...]
on April 19, 2013
HB13-1255 passed unanimously out of the House of Representatives today. This bill states that Internet Protocol (IP)-enabled services should not be subject to outdated rules stemming from the era of monopoly telephone companies. It clarifies that IP-enabled services do not fall under the jurisdiction of the Public Utility Commission (PUC) for setting prices, terms and conditions or [...]
on April 19, 2013
HB13-1285 passed out of the House of Representatives today with a 35-28 vote. This bill will commission a study to determine if disparities exist between the participation of underutilized businesses, which include ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities. All businesses that are owned and operated by these groups are a critical component of economic [...]
on April 9, 2013
HB 13-1230, concerning compensation for persons wrongly incarcerated, passed out of the House of Representatives with a 60-2 vote. This bill would provide compensation and services for those who have been wrongfully convicted of felonies and have served time in jail, prison or juvenile placement. In order to be eligible, the person must be exonerated [...]
- RT @AaronHarber: Happy Birthday to America's first female Secretary of State and #AHshow guest Madeline Albright! http://t.co/s1cvpOLoy4 -J… about 4 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Congrats to Far North East Mile High Scholars. We are proud of you. about 17 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @AIPAC: Hints of power struggle in #Iran as a committee of powerful clerics opened a criminal complaint against Ahmadinejad. http://t.co… 09:11:49 AM May 13, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Happy Mothers Day to all Colorado moms! 08:42:33 AM May 12, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Proud supporter of Girls Empowerment Program today at Montbello HS sponsored by Athletics & Beyond. Girls Rule! #coleg 09:51:48 AM May 11, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite